Wednesday, February 15, 2017

secrets, secrets are no fun.

Tonight I sat parked in my 98' Nissan Altima

crying alone in a gas station parking lot.

Dad called, said he's already found a new girl.
Divorce isn't even final yet.

He took her to California this weekend on a secret vacation.

Didn't even try to call me or visit me.

I haven't seen my dad in months.

I, of course, am the only child he told.

 If I don't comply

do as he says

keep my mouth shut about it

ill be "sorry."

So, my lips are sealed...Just as they always have been.

I'd say I would be scared about Mom finding out,

that it would break her fragile heart.

But to be completely honest

I truly don't think she's got anything left in there.

I can see it in her eyes. They're dull.

Can't remember if I've ever seen happiness in my mothers eyes.

It makes me sad.

I want to help my family but everyone is so far gone in so many different directions

I couldn't hear them even if they screamed.

I wish they were here. I wish my brothers were here.

I miss them. I get so emotional if I even think about them.

They don't know it, but those dumb sons of bitches are the only things in my life

that have stayed constant, and have stayed a happy thing in my life. I miss them.

I miss how everything used to be. I don't want to feel alone anymore.


1 comment:

  1. My heart goes out to you. I don't have any idea of what your situation is like, but know that you're not alone. Your writing is raw and powerful. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this, and I wish I knew what to say that could possibly help. But thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete