Wednesday, February 11, 2015

It doesnt have to make sense at 1 am

We started the night playing "Sorry" in your room,

 and we ended it by trying to say it to our parents. 

Only problem was, we couldn't find our voices.


As kids we make dumb mistakes,

 some kiss bottles, some kiss babes...hell! majority of us have all lost 

track of our grades.. Impulse, desire, blame and pressure. I'm not sure 

I could feel any "lesser" because,


"kids aren't supposed to flirt with the devil"
and "kids aren't meant to ingest the sun"



But we do anyway.



Tick.


Everything was fine, Although I could see her fingertips projecting demonic sunshine.

Tick.

Her arms ached for Mom, and her neck had begun to shiver without its head..

 but now all that's left is her broken frame. crack. crease. stain.


-tickticktick-


Are you okay? You know you're looking a little bit gray...

I remember I couldn't respond..not with my mouth or my thought.

But I could..I could with the rhythm of my heart:

"help me.

help me.

help me.

help me."


deep sea green eyes turn to sidewalk chalk-TICK

needles stab veins like a cold February break up-TICK

Mother Earth caught you dancing in the rain-TICK

find a reason to hang on find a reason to-TICK
.
.
.
BREATHE. 

When the ticks went away, so did the pride.

And I never told you this, but your eyes were a lovely shade of brown.
.
.
.
people werent created to say goodbye.

Because, I look at you, I see all the ways that a soul can bruise, 

and I wish I could sink my hands into your flesh and light lanterns along your 

spine ...so you know that there's nothing but light when I see you. 

Breathe..

Be happy.

Be happy.


I am happy.


Tick

7 comments:

  1. "Light lanterns along your spine."

    Micah that gave me chills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because, I look at you, I see all the ways a soul can bruise.
    Love love love that line

    ReplyDelete
  3. That opening line about playing Sorry and your parents.

    Yes.

    I've been playing a lot of Uno lately. I don't know if there's any poetry in that or not.

    "nothing but light"

    (mmmm)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The line about how you can see all the ways souls bruise, hit me. I liked it. Like a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude dude dude.

    You're so talented. Tick, tick, tick, I'm obsessed with this. Can I read it at the slam tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  6. " deep sea green eyes turn to sidewalk chalk-TICK

    needles stab veins like a cold February break up-TICK

    Mother Earth caught you dancing in the rain-TICK

    find a reason to hang on find a reason to-TICK"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speechless. This was amazing. Is amazing.

    I read it twice. Too many chills.. Mmm.

    ReplyDelete