Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Smile because God might be taking a picture

In the midst of all this sadness
I've kept a journal and wrote down short sentences throughout the week
on big and/or little things that personally make me happy,
and assembled it into a post, for your reading pleasures.
Distraction always has been my cure for sad times. This worked quite well.
But its really cheesy, so

shutup


                            Feb 26th, 2015

I'm so happy that whoever is reading this (you) is alive.
and I'm not just saying that to say it.
I genuinely am happy that you are here...breathing, thinking, feeling..
 Whatever it may be, I'm stoked the Earth is your stomping grounds.

                                 March 1st, 2015

I smile at the friends I've made this year.
finally not ones that care about "popularity" or "drugs"
or those who base how "cool" you are on the 1-10 "Hot Scale"
But ones that actually like me, and accept me.
Sucks it took me until senior year to find them. But at least I did right?


                               Feb 27th, 2015

I'm grateful to have a home, that the sky is blue
I'm real happy that I can spit my gum into the trash from really far away. 
-like really far. I'm not kidding, its like from really really far away.-
Happy That the canyon is so close
And that the music is closer
I love how cold the air is in the morning
Stoked I know how to make apple pie from scratch, 
And that I still haven't found anyone that can beat me in Super Smash Bros. (other than my brother Landon.)

               March 2nd, 2015

I'm happy I met you, even though at times I wish I never did
happy I grew up in the family I did, even if they know how to raise hell
I'm happy I've gone through all I have, because now I can relate to others and help them

and that makes me pretty happy.

SO excited this divorce will probably happen
thrilled you're having another baby girl
and relieved that you're finally doing well.

                    March 1st, 2015
Still giddy about the fact we started talking in Rios' class this year
and that I decided to give you that rose,
Pumped you asked me on a date.
Happy we kissed
Happy that you're happy that we kissed, too


                  Feb 26th, 2015
I smile because my heart hasn't stopped beating
and laugh at the fact that my lungs haven't given out
I thank god that I know what it feels like to be all alone
to just breathe on my own



                          Feb 28th, 2015
I love the fact that we help create other peoples lives
a small fragment in a sea of experiences
a sentence in a book of memories.
it makes me happy to know that you're all apart of me and I'm apart of you.


                      March 3rd, 2015
My brothers make me happy
My dogs are so cute that I want to kill them
I miss everyone that we've lost,
but Im happy that they're happy with God.

I'm happy.

                     March 3rd, 2015
-5:00 p.m.-
 pissed AF that the line at IHOP is so long

-7:00 p.m.-
I dont think im going to get my pancakes

-9:00 p.m.-
I didnt get my pancakes so im going to Dennys

-11:45 p.m.-
I got my pancakes but I slipped on ice and fell on my face



I don't know.

I'm just happy to be me

happy to be alive

I'm happy you're all alive,

choosing to stay.


...  I love you guys

and I hope you all find a reason to smile every day.




2 comments:

  1. happy I grew up in the family I did, even if they know how to raise hell
    I'm happy I've gone through all I have, because now I can relate to others and help them

    And


    My brothers make me happy
    My dogs are so cute that I want to kill them

    So relatable

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give you a run for your Super Smash streak.

    ReplyDelete