Thursday, March 19, 2015

TiredEyesTiredMindTiredHeartTiredMicah

Couldn't sleep

So I went for a walk,

Underneath the stars.

They never seem to cast enough light

Couldn't sleep tonight.

So I ran away from 2 am through 6

I like doing this, because I always get scared out there, walking all alone.

I'm happy I get scared, it reminds me that I still want to live.

I still want to breathe

Taste the air and hug the sun

And when I go home, I always drift away a little easier.

But not tonight.

I kept thinking of how you're not him, and him belongs to she
and he hasn't seen me in 4 now, not 3..and brown eyes,
rotten memories that trick my lips into a smile
and I wish you would get out of my head
so I'd feel just a little less dead.....please.


Let me sleep.



I guess there are just some heartaches that a walk cant fix.


Cant sleep.

Cause.. I'm just real sad.

Stubborn heads refuse to listen

and hunger pains rattle up spinal cords

kinda like the way that that funeral music knocks at your door

 and

because no wall, ceiling or locked door can protect us or you
from those horrible angry lungs

or the anticipation of that droopy, weak heart finally hitting the floor.


But I really wish...

No.


We were fools to think we were fine, and that
rainbows are not equally as temporary as storm clouds are.



I just want to sleep.


Because I've grown tired of pretending I'm awake.

and, I admit I really do miss the way a smile can warm up
a cold face.



2 comments:

  1. I love this. I love you. Tbis is real. So are you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy I get scared, it reminds me that I still want to live.

    Completely perfect. Living this thought process daily.

    ReplyDelete