Friday, August 12, 2016

Gangsta Pancakes

So, shortly after the fire, things naturally got crazy and weird as hell again. Lets dive in.

One night, and unfortunately I can't remember what night it was now, but I went to go hang out with Willy in Burbank at Timmy Nolans (a bar) with Nattalie and Joey. We didn't last long there, because Willy wanted to go to a going away party for his friend. The only information I was told about this party prior was that it was "a Pancakes party". So, OF COURSE I thought  it was a literal pancake..party.

We get to Zachs house, and as we're getting out of the car I ask "so what kind of pancakes are they having here? why are they throwing a pancake party haha?" yikes. Apparently "Pancakes" is the name of the guy who's leaving, So you can bet I got made fun of the rest of the night. We walk in, and immediately there was a weird vibe in the room. Not too horrible, but something was just...off. I shrugged it off and decided to try my best to be outgoing and talk to everyone, and I did. 

Most of these people looked pretty intimidating. They were either Hispanic or Tongan, tatted out, bald heads or dreads/long hair, wife beaters, the usual. Everyone was drunk and/or high so they weren't too closed off. We stayed for a few hours, and that was that. 

BUT heres where it gets weird (as if a going away party for a guy named Pancakes isn't weird enough) 

Not only did I go to this weird going away for Pancakes, but I had no idea that every person at that house party straight up were Gang Members. NOT ONLY were they just gang members, but they were RIVALRY gang members who absolutely despised each other. But, somehow, Pancakes was friends with both of these gangs, and so they (for the sake of being cool for pancakes) made a peace treaty for one night so they could wish Pancakes good luck.

So lets recap. I was literally at a "Peace treaty" Going away house party, for a Gang member named Pancakes, and the house was filled with Gang Members who have murdered each others friends before. HOW DID I END UP HERE

I found all this out after I left the house, and I could not stop laughing, it was just so ridiculous. I spent the night at Willys again, by the time we got done with the party it was really late. Willys really cool, we have so much in common. I feel really comfortable around him. I drove home the next day and started looking for regular work, because the industry has been really slow and full of spotty work lately, and I need to eat. 

I called a few places with no luck, but then I remembered that I had seen a UFC gym by my apartment driving one day, so I looked it up. I called and the front desk girl (Brianna) told me to send in my resume and they'd give me a call. I did within the hour, and didn't get any call over the weekend. So, desperate for a job and also a free gym membership, I called again on Monday and they told me to come in before 5:00 that day. 

...


No comments:

Post a Comment