Saturday, September 20, 2014

Love is for shmucks

            "Happy Birthday, I'm breaking up with you." is what you very well could have said. 





As harsh as that is, still would have hurt less if done that way. 





No, instead..ill take you on a hike. Lets carve our names into the trees and talk about how much you mean to me. Ill buy you flowers and write a sweet note. We'll stargaze in a park and laugh about stupid memories. Maybe go for a drive...Then, THEN I'll leave you. I'll leave you alone in your driveway, with only your own two arms to comfort you and your tear streaked face.




But I hope you'll understand. 




I know I did those things to you, but I'm going to drop in once in awhile if you don't mind. Hey now, don't you worry darling, ill keep you on your toes. I may go four days, or maybe ten days before I decide I want to see you again. That's okay though, right?
Good.





It's time for me to leave now.





Just want to see you one last time if that's alright, we can watch the thunderstorms together and talk. And maybe during that time, I can turn to you and convincingly tell you that  "I love you" for the first time. You'll get butterflies in your stomach and tell me you love me too. Isn't that cute?






But hey, get ready because I'm going to take back that I love you in three days time, okay?





Don't feel sad though, it's not that I don't love you. I just love you as a friend is all I meant. I think this is causing tension though, so I'm going to break contact with you alright? Don't take it personally. I know that in a week or two you'll come around again. You always do, babe.





I'm visiting this weekend, but I don't want to see you. 





If you ask why, I'm going to get defensive. I just would rather spend time with my friends. On second thought though, my friends are going to be busy for the first day, and I'll have nothing better to do...may as well call you. Don't be offended beautiful..even though you're my last option it doesn't mean I care about you any less. 






And after those few months..here we are.






 Dear me, 

love is a very dangerous weapon, that should not be used by amateurs.

If you play with fire you're going to get burnt. Why can't you learn this lesson? you have been through it too many times before. Get your shit together Flat Stanley, you're acting pathetic. 










5 comments:

  1. Wow. We'd get along real great. Unreal writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like this, and mostly your pen name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I like this. And that person a real jerk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha. I liked it when you swore at yourself and identified yourself as Flat Stanley.

    We need more of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this post. I can absolutely relate.

    ReplyDelete