Monday, November 24, 2014

Flat Stanley=Tin man

I have theories about myself.

my best one so far is.....




"if I only had a heart"


^^^ preach it,Tin-man.



If I'm being honest, 


sometimes I do wish I could find a wizard who could grant me a brand new, shiny heart.


One that I could start over with...


But hell, you and I both know it don't work that way. 


instead, the heart that you're given from God
.
.
.
you're stuck with.


from the time your lungs take their very first breath, to the time your loved ones


wave goodbye at your precious purchased soil.



There are no start overs.




Sometimes I want to hang up that white sheet, 

gather my particularly select audience

unlock my sunken rib cage 

and let my hearts movie reel play.
.
.
.
That way I wouldn't have to speak...anytime I do, I usually end up cutting my throat
open with the double edged memories that fester inside my head.


And sometimes, I wish that these hollow, empty, repetitive beats

would vanish. if only for a while. 




I've lost most of my heart anyways.


One for when dad decided he liked those bottles better than his family.

One for when Mom dipped out for a few years.

one for when sister introduced our family to her boyfriend, Mr.Needle

And one great big chunk for you. For all those dark things

that were said and done to me, that chunk is awarded to you.













if the Tin man survived, so can I. 


















4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this. I love seeing people let there heart write for a change. Those who write with there mind don't get it. You get it. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get bored while reading this post. if a blog doesn't catch me in the first sentence i have a hard time focusing long enough to see the good stuff but this was good right from the start, and I was focused all the way until the end. well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Sometimes I want to hang up that white sheet,
    gather my particularly select audience
    unlock my sunken rib cage
    and let my hearts movie reel play."

    #STOLEN

    I loved this whole thing. It made my heart hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^^^^ Totally agree with Eleanor. Keep writing, you have such a deep story and I think these posts are kind of like your heart playing a movie.

    ReplyDelete