Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Chapter 2: Friends and such

As I explained before, I knew Cody from my previous trip to LA. But, I didn't REALLY know Cody. I worked with him for two days. So, you can imagine my timidness when it came to moving in with a stranger in California. I talked with him a lot through social media to make sure he was a good guy. I felt comfortable with him.

Whats Cody like?

Well, ill tell you. Cody is 26, a hardworking makeup artist who specializes in mold making, short, kinda looks like Jack Black, piercings, gages, and tattoos. (he has the taco bell logo tattooed on his thigh...little things.) and smokes weed more than he breathes. He's a complete metal head. His friends are all pretty much the same way.

You have Tommy, who looks like a slightly overweight Thor with piercings and owns a giant lizard named PoPo.

Reed, who is an incredibly thin cute-bodied boy with long hair and a bull ring in his nose. I have yet to meet Reed sober. lol. I love Reed.

Then theres Nora. Nora is a dude-lesbian chick who won the FX show "Face-off" you can imagine my fangirl-ness when I met her for the first time. I love her. But who would have thought I would ever have been friends with her like I am now? Its surreal.

Up next is Nick. Nick is my roommate with Cody. He's nicknamed "is-dick" because his humor is just straight up being an asshole. He's nice when you get to know him, that is if you can even hear him. I've never heard a person with such a quiet voice. Like ever. its honestly a little frustrating, he sounds like he's talking to you through a pillow when you're not even two feet away. lol.

Then you have Kyle, a morbidly obese sculptor with an incredibly pronounced brow bone. He's got hair to his shoulders, a middle lip piercing, and his tongue is split into two. So hot.

Last but not least is Willy. Willy is my personal favorite out of the group. He's a 2007 Tall, skinny Emo skater boy with a personality that matches. Very Vulgar, mean, condescending, but secretly nice/sweet. He's hilarious and is always the center of attention. I like him, even though he gives me crap more often than not for being a Mormon and "not knowing anything" lol. He lives in the most dangerous gang filled area in California (Panorama City) and always has a whiskey sour in his hand, and a cigarette to compliment it...Oh, and one other little important fact about Willy. HES BILLY BOB THORNTON'S SON.

Im friends with Billy Bob Thornton's son, WTF life?!?

This is my new group of friends. lol. reading it on paper makes me realize how weird this actually is.
But they are nice enough, and I think they like me.

So, I got to CA July 7th at 3:30 am. My 19th Birthday. I spent the day with my parents at Venice beach, and then ate at Bubba Gump's Restaurant in Santa Monica. It was a good birthday surprisingly. Most of my birthdays have been awful. I got all moved into my new room and met everyone. Day 1, done.

The next few days was just getting settled in, meeting people, going to parties (everyone wanted to know about my mormon-ness lol) etc. I found a Job about 4 days into being here, which is awesome. I am currently working at Marks Studio shop called Creature Effects in LA. They have worked on huge movies, one of their recents being The Revenant with Leonardo DiCaprio. Getting paid a whopping $10.50 an hour (WHAAAAT) and who knows if ill survive! life is fun.

next post is a fun one. Enjoy,

Micah




No comments:

Post a Comment